Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for fair

Go down 
+3
Animus
trapt
XsvBrutality
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi guys,

thought of something, seeing that we have a team full of multimedia guru's - I thought it might be an idea to make a DVD to sell at the fair... by then we'd have played in Asodena and have had two definite training days too...

I suppose we could do it like they do those skating videos.... just make it cool and appealing to youngsters that 'wanna look cool' - lets face it, the sport is fkn cool...

I can produce the actual discs with printed faces for about 85p each - .... the only thing I cannot produce is DVD cases or their labels so I think it's probably best to give it to people in plastic sleeves instead to cut down the price unless someone can get these made and printed at low cost.......anyhow, I think these will readily sell for about £5.00 / £6.00 depending on how much Kyle wants from them for doing the hard work...

So, say we produce 100 of these and sell for £6.00:

85p x 100 - £85 goes to Mage Multimedia
£3.00 from each disc goes to Kyle for the filming/editing (just an estimate but I know this is quite low) - could mean £300
£2.20 from each disc goes to the team - could mean £220

anyhow, just an idea... but I think this will generate a lot of interest, income and people will start to take us a little more seriously... ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.magemultimedia.com
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Dude, I love the idea, we can talk about the cash at a later stage (my cut will be determined by the deadline, since the last video I worked on it alot while I was at work) but can we get a definate date for when the fair is?

i can also produce dvd menus but time is limited, it takes a while but its definately possible.

If we wanted to make it really pro, the menu options could be as follows

Play (plays the movie)
Photos (could just be a video collage of photographs)
About Animus (text description)
Contact (self explanatory)

Its a solid idea, and I'm definately keen, Aaron could you organise a TV screen that we could play our video on, as well as cereal killers, CK2 and maybe dynasty disected?

Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah dude, at the moment all I have are 22" LCD's with built in DVD players - don't think I'll have anything bigger for a while though...

But yeah, I can reserve one screen for the fair no problem!!

Let's get on with this...we'll have a good talk this saturday after our training and then perhaps hold a meeting or two to get this sorted.... will be great publicity for speedball, animus and also for you bro! Smile
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 pm

do you think the ppl will buy the dvd?
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:10 pm

of course, but think about it this way...how many people are in animus, 14?? that's probably already 14 sold.... including anyone who simply wants to support us - there won't be an issue selling them...also, something to point out, if we don't sell them at the fair, we can still sell them ourselves anyway..

I've been thinking about pricing, and I wouldn't mind paying £6:00 - easy, maybe we can put it up a little more... but we'll talk about this on Saturday
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:19 pm

if you give me an exact date/time and stall number then as soon as i start putting the dvd together i will advertise at my company and get people to come visit our stall, i mean, i sold almost 70 raffle tickets in 1 day at my company, people will definately support our stall and more likely buy the dvd. one guy bought 20 tickets alone, said he didnt care for the prize he just wanted to support us. And one thing that helped sell alot of tickets was that I mentioned that the more we sell, the more support it shows we have, which in the long run can help us get a paintball field set up here in gib. And this is really appealing to people.
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

This is a solid idea, but only if returns are guaranteed. The initial outlay should be met, so if we shell out x to produce it, then we need to get x back...

but shit yeah it is a cool idea... Personally I think some well produced merch with snappy logos will sell better.

Proper designed Tshirts with silly slogans like 'Animus Painting Co." and stuff will sell to locals at the fair cos its funny and people will understand. The market for cool videos will be limited to family and a few interested.

I think a safer bet is to make stuff that people can wear/ (caps or whatever, even posters ) that will keep our name out there and is accessible.

We also have a good relationship with Glass House so we can get a great deal. And with so many designers we can come up with a few ideas for tshirts and hoodies and then we can go from there...

Just my 2p!

Back to top Go down
http://www.iwantgore.com
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 pm

I think we're not thinking about this in the sense that it's not only meant to sell during the fair....

Merchandise is a solid idea too, but the video is quite appealing and helps broaden speedball throughout Gib, if one random person buys it, likes it then show someone else, etc etc... that could very well be another paintballer in the making....

I think both ideas are sound, I prefer the Video because it's unique and I don't think many clubs/societies in Gib have the capabilities to pull something like this as well as we can... we'll stand out as a club/team and future organization....
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:34 pm

lots of good ideas i think we need to sit down soon have chat about the fair!!
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 pm

i agree, both ideas will work well together, on 2 levels. I stick to my guns and cionsider the vid to have a limited appeal

Lets be honest I/we watch Der Der and other famous videos to see pro's and to learm, the star factor sell vids... However an intro vid wi some training and tips along with some games and tourneys and bloopers may work quite well for lesser known teams like us.

Also the projected production cost of the vid is quite high so the profit margin is so tight that we need to sell 100 to make any real cash, I cannot forsee such high sales unless we push some online, and even then

But yeah both ideas for some income generation are sound we need to sit down and hammer out a plan.

I always try to think in terms of profit margins, make something at a low cost and sell it at a rerasonable price is far safer than making something expensive (ish) and then getting stuck with your product...

Again its only my marketing head talking! I love the vid idea (as long as my fat ass is in it this time, damn!! lolololol)
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 pm

The low cost option is there, you guys have me. I wont say a solid quote, whatever we make, I keep a percentage (since most of the production will be done by me). In the end, I care more about my portfolio than the cash (although the latter would be good to help me get my gear going).

I say, if 5 of us have our kit by saturday, then I will record. I will just record record record, and in the end, I should have enough footage, from say 2 - 3 training sessions + 1 tourney... this would be enough.

I watch CK2 and my wife gets really bored, we would have to make the video interesting to anyone. You guys have seen the quality that I can put together, I'm not being judgemental but I think this would look good to anyone in Gib.

The main goal would be not to advertise Animus, but to advertise paintball as being a fun and safe sport. This could ultimately lead to a petition we could start, to get as many people to sign and give to the government to open a field for us, which we would run.

Again, the GOAL would be to advertise paintball... .so the content would need to be FUN, SAFE, and appealing to the average Joe who knows nothing about paintball except that it is what you play in a forest.

Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 pm

I say lets go with both ideas, I'm not quite sure how the team is cash-wise, but it might be smart to start using some of that cash we've got from our sponsors in order to make more of it...

So yeah, Video, T-shirts, Cap's etc...etc......
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Actuallt Kyle thats given me an idea a great one!

I disagree with the idea that someone will buy a vid of a fun safe sport for the hell of it, there has to ba an angle. I mean I do not own any lacross vids ;P

BUT. If you record us like a mini project and then we take to GBC (Gib TV) then we have a great chance of getting it aired. That would promote the sport and give us some exposure and leverage to get our field.

I mean we are a gib team training in spain cos we have no grounds... thats news. And if you shoot it like a small docu with some cool scenes and talking bout the sport in general then this mnight go somewhere....

I know Gib and the average joe will not part wi cash unless there is a reason, family friends or co-workers don't count

But fuck yeah a vid talking about PB and helping get a local field I am in!!!!
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

I have contacts in GBC as does Aaron and Hamish so this might be a real step forward too!
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 pm

I have been approached to be interviewed a few times for my art so i know they are looking for content to air...
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

i cant stop thinking about the video idea guys i am BUZZING!!! How about we talk to Music Corner (me and Hamish know the owner REALLY well, as most of Gib does) we could ask him to sponsor us by letting us sell/promote the vid in his shop and keep all of the profits, that way we have all the tourist market too

In this way the original skate vid idea is perfect, cos I bet quite a few tourists are ballers too, I think this idea could go somewhere guys....

I will say though that in terms of profits and shares, we should all pitch in and then each person can take what they deserve after we have sold, that way the team does not have to shell out, and those who have done the work get paid...

After all its for the team, and for our benefit (in terms of PB and design portfolios!) So yeah you guys had a good idea lets do it!!!! I want in.

Woop woop
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 pm

The idea of doing the DVD was not intended for any personal gain...the only reason Kyle would get paid is because he's making the entire thing....

The money made should go towards paying entry fee's for the teams, be it woodsball or speedball/travel expenses etc..... in my own opinion it should only go towards paintball....but, at the end of the day it's what Pardo decides...
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:57 pm

no dude, seriously I did not mean anything by it, in fact I agree that all those that give up their time should be rewarded, especially as editing a vid can take hours and needs quite a bit of creativity.... I was only saying that instead of getting paid first, the individual gets paid after....

But I understand full well that time is very precious and a brothers gotta eat!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I think we need a meeting lol
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 am

Would be nice to hear other peoples ideas of what to implement in this DVD - although I don't really know if Animus will continue with Woodsball due to yesterday's bulk email situation. I think we should have a little woodsball in it too...

Obviously, outtakes is a must and I'm sure Rex Mundi will provide many moments of dread worthy to be placed at the end of the Dvd ... lol

Seems like this could be great fun guys, we need to start filming and taking gd quality images because Kyle said he could add a photo gallery on the actual disk menu too...

Back to top Go down
Cpt.Splat
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:02 am

Maybe you could open up a new thread for ppl to post their ideas on? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:26 am

i think its a really good idea !!!
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Splat
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 am

Also, when are we going to start work on the stall? We need to arrange an afternoon or two to build it up.
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:57 pm

hell yeah, and to keep costs down we arrange diff targets, like cans, paper over steel buckets etc... and if we use re-balls ?

I dunno we can have a paint the geek style where one of us (prob me!) can stand there in full gear/costume and get shot for a higher fee than a target...

So £1-£2 per round on targets or £10 per shot on the geek!!

jus an idea!
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 pm

All of these ideas are sounding great, at the moment however I am pretty busy not just with work, @ work, but I have extra jobs to do for people (without pay).

We can always discuss payment things later, thats not important. At the moment atleast we know we have 1 video (plus cereal killers, ck2, heroes for a day etc) that we can play at the stall.

But really, when is the fair????

If we could set up a shooting range that would be super sick. we would just need a sheet that we could hang from a wall (so we dont have to spray the paint off afterwards) and a few boxes of paint, plus all our markers, I really like the shoot the clown idea. maybe we could get pound paradise or someone to sponsor us some teddys or somethign we could give away as prizes if you shoot rex in the nuts or something. hahahah, maybe he could have a target on his chest, or on his lense that people could shoot.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea for fair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for fair   Idea for fair Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for fair
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next