Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read

Go down 
+3
R3XMUND1
bailey261
XsvBrutality
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read Empty
PostSubject: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi guys.

--General--
As some of you already know, a decision was made this morning with regards to dropping the Reapers as captain and play with Animus instead with the intention of giving someone the opportunity to keep the Reapers going and run it themselves, but, as expected, the other reapers present during todays training session decided to merge also.

The idea makes sense seeing that there is a lack of people interested in the sport and all training sessions normally consist of four or less guys on both parties, it gets boring, so, merging means there are now at least 6/7 fully committed players not to mention the other's who aren't 100% - still, we're probably talking 10 or so guys.

--Animus Captain--
Steven is the team captain.

--Kyle--
Appointed Animus Trainer - obviously this role has it's responsibilities as outlined below - showed he knew he stuff out there today, shame about the gear but I'm betting it won't be long now! Smile

Thanks for all those drills, they will help our game tremendously, nicely done.

A couple of things I'd like to see from you regarding the training today, if at all possible, you could write a small summary on each player's good points and bad points during today training and do this on a regular basis so that we know where we need to improve and where we're doing good. Maybe if it's easier a summary on the training itself - highlighting players who were doing certain things right as well as those who need to work on stuff. Also, would be good to know what you think about positions, who you think should be playing where? Just pointing things out but I'd personally like to hear where you recon I should be playing etc - think I speak on behalf of the team too....

Now, please remember I've just dropped out of running my own team, I've got more drive than a fkn steam engine, so if I'm delving into the Captains realm just let me know, I don't want to take control, just help out because finally we've got something worth all this effort - it's All Stars with a different name!

In case you've forgotten the names:

Steven
Aaron me..(Ex Reaper Captain)
Hamish
Aaron (New guy)
Gareth

Anyhow, was fun guys, would be great to have some more members next time and play some 4vs4 or maybe even 5vs5!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.magemultimedia.com
bailey261
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie
bailey261

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:08 pm

WTF?
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:27 pm

so Reapers is gone?!?!? WOW>
Back to top Go down
http://www.iwantgore.com
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:31 pm

am i even in this new team???
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 pm

yeah Rex - of course dude...

This has little to do with you not coming today... but it kinda led to it... but I think it's a positive thing...

@Bailey - dude, Steven will be in touch because he wants to arrange a meeting with us all....
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Training today    Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Ok, sounds good to me.

Will start here, training today (26/06/2010)

Drill #1:

4 targets set up on field behind certain bunkers, 1 back player on one side (goal is to hit/mark the runner), 1 runner on the other side (goal is to get to key position and hit target 1, move on to next position and hit/mark target 2, etc etc until the last target is marked, runner is not allowed to shoot at back player, but is allowed to surpress back player by shooting the bunker. Targets are moved after one round.

Drill #2: Back players vs runners

3 vs 3, backs against runners, rules are that the back players are meant to hit/mark the runners BEFORE the runners/front players reach the key bunkers at the half way point in the field.

Runners are allowed to surpress back players, runners are eliminated when marked, game is over when either A : All runners are marked B: the runners reach their key positions.

Steven:
Drill 1
Steven performed well, hit the targets in drill 1 with an average of 1 or 2 shots fired before hitting the target, moving to the next position was fast and avoided paint from the back player.

Drill 2
Often reached key position without any surpression, quickly moved from break to key position.

Recommended position : Frontman/mid *refer to end for description

Aaron (Ex Reaper Captain)

Drill 1
Moved quickly from position to position, aiming was accurate... and positioning good. Main area of improvement : Running low, not faster, just lower

Drill 2
Put down good supression and moved up during the correct oppertunities. Main area of improvement: Snapping... you were too exposed for long periods of time, snap in and out and check the opposite side as well.
Good point to consider, Communication, Aaron listened to my advice that communication is really important, for the whole team, not just front/mids/backs. As soon as you are in your position, call out what you have seen, if somebody moves, call it out, if somebody breathes, call it out. This has many advantages, physically and psychologically. Not only should the information be valuable, hearing a team mate in a make or break situation at a tournament, knowing you are not the only player left, can boost your confidence and could ultimately win you the game.

Recommended position : Frontman/mid *refer to end for description

Hamish
Drill 1
During drill 1 Hamish's progression through the stage was ONLY stalled by accuracy(I blame the tippman). He moves well into new positions but only needs to focus on seeing the place behind the bunker that he wishes to be, and then moves straight there, this will come with practice but the point is to get into the bunker as LOW as possible and for all momentum generated during the run, to gracefully come to a halt behind the bunker. Overall he completed the course well.

Drill 2
Supressed as well as somebody can with a Tippman. He was shooting off the break (only as fast as that tippman could go) and walking into position. Im not sure if I paid enough attention but Hamish could also work on communication, Im sure you have a strong voice, use it.

3v3
Just wanted to mention that Hamish impressed me during the 3v3, he was constantly moving up through the course, and held certain akward positions for quite some time. A few times I was sending paint to him while he was running but didnt stop him, the only area for improvement, running lower. You move up aggresively, and your'e a big guy, so make yourself half, or at least a 3 third lower and you will narrow the oppenents angles down heavily.

Recommended position : Back/mid *refer to end for description

Aaron (New guy)

Drill 1:

Areas of improvement: Accuracy, communication, getting into bunkers, snapping
Got into some good positions, although entry to position could use practice. Overall I think Aaron will learn fast, he has good speed and agility, just needs to merge that with paintball.

Drill 2: Got into positions well, however Aaron didnt snap out on both sides of the bunker, this is common and just needs a few drills to fix. Many times he made it to the key bunker quickly and easily, I was in back mid and was not able to see him down the center of the field.

Recommended position : mid *as this is a tough position, I think Aaron would be able to surpress as well as replace a front player if the front player is marked/out of the game. Just needs a few drills

Gareth

Drill 1:

Areas of improvement : Accuracy, snapping, changing positions
Took a little while to hit the targets, but had no problem moving from position to position and at the same time avoiding the paint from the back player.

Drill 2 :

Accuracy while sending lanes during first movement from break to back position could be worked on. But always made it to position and prevented opponents from reaching key bunker. When teams were swopped Gareth did well to make it to the key positions.

Recommended position : Back/mid *Gareth seems most comfortable with this position. Just a little practice of walking + shooting down a specific lane and Gareth will be able to help the runners make the key positions early in the game.

Position descriptions:

Front (or "Frontman") - players assigned to the bunkers furthest up the field off the break. The position can also include the Snake player who is assigned to the "snake" bunker specifically. A front man typically doesn't fire off the break, simple running and diving for the farthest position. The 'snake' typically is the most influential element on a tournament field, with it flanking the field. Fast and agile are two traits that work exceptionally well for a front player. There are typically not more than two front players on a team. The Frontman typically shoots the most players and uses the least amount of paint since they have the most advantageous angles.

Mid-players - Assigned to the bunkers between the front and back players. Also can be Insert; players, assigned the role of filling in the spot of key teammates that are eliminated. The Mid is considered one of the most difficult positions to play in tournament paintball because of the fact that the mid has to be a jack of all trades. A Mid can fire while moving, he can jump into the snake, and he can make lanes.

Back player (or simply "back") - Back players are usually assigned to the row of bunkers closest to the starting point (such as the back right or left can, dorito, etc). The Back players fires 'lanes' that suppress and take opposing players off the break while the Mid and Front players move. Back players sometimes carry as much as a case of paint in their pod packs so they can consistently lay down suppressing fire.

Sorry for the extremely long feedback. Also sorry that some feedback is longer than others, I can only remember so much Very Happy .As this was my first time wtih you guys, I can point out alot of things, as trainings go by, they wont be this detailed.

Hope this helps, looking forward to next practice and cant wait to get a freakin marker!!!

Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:47 pm

wish I went! I wanna get evaluated too dammit.. heh heh

whens the next training, Can we go next week, Can we daddy purhleeze!!!
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Maybe I can evaluate you if you let me use your stuff Wink

I cant make it on sunday (4th of july) and I think Aaron cant make it on saturday, we will discuss it at the meeting probably.
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 pm

heheh, well bro I posted on our Facebook that my spare marker was bust... I thought you read it Sorry dude.

have a look here..

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=117494261614404

I will try and make it up to you next training, and of course get you a pint at the meeting... Razz
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Looks like I might be able to make next saturday since the group I had oing up to paintball marbella cancelled on me....

Will let you know within the next day or so...

Kyle, thanks for the summary man, again, I'll work twice as hard next time to ensure I keep low low lower!! - don't know why this is becoming so dificult but I sure as hell am gonna work my arse of to improve it. It's great to hear this from someone, someone who can point out not only the good, but the areas that need to be improved on - thanks dude... awesome stuff! Smile

Again, will let you all know if I can make Saturday, but regardless, we should start training once a week as from now, seeing that we're more members now it means that even if some people can't make it a certain week, we'll always have at least 6 or so guys present during each session.... could be a plan!
Back to top Go down
FAWDEN
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie
FAWDEN

PostSubject: left out   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:51 am

Hey guys i feel really left out on all whats going on with the team. Everything is just being decided either on the day or the next day of training sessions. I know i havnt been around this week and i am not 100% committed because of my job and family committments. But i think that we should have all discussed this.

Why merge with Animus why not Anumis merge with reapers?

WTF is goin on man

Back to top Go down
http://www.fawden.co.uk
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:12 am

My decision Chris, after all the team was mine - no one could have disputed that even if they tried. I gave the option for Reapers to continue without me leading them, but most of the Reapers decided it was the best solution and you'll realize why during the next training session. You'd have had to be there from the start to realize why.

With regards to your kit, I've got it, everyone is now using this as a training kit and will purchase the Animus kit when they can.

People who aren't keen on the idea of this merge are not looking at the big picture. Speedball in Gib is nothing other than a one off sport for most people, for us, we need something stronger - that's why the merging is important and has been in the back of my mind for a long time. Putting it to practise was sparked by a lack of attendance yet again for our training session, enough's enough, when I train I want numbers, without it how will we ever improve on our game. This is the future of Speedball as I see it, until the Speedball Arena is sorted in Gibraltar there is absolutely no reason for more than one speedball team gib.
Back to top Go down
FAWDEN
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie
FAWDEN

PostSubject: ok   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:10 pm

kool I still want to shoot some balls so count me in the team if im still in it I dont mind what team we play in as long as we play.

What i dont want to do is spend dosh on a kit and then more dosh on another when i havnt even wore the first one. I'm still trying to save up for gear so i can play decently.

anyways im with you i want to fukin play you big headed bastard just send me a bloody email with info about decisions.

I only found out about it because Nicole saw that Rex had written somethin somewhere and it came up on her profile thingy and i was like wtf.

theres too many things to look at Aaron, forum, facebook email and then ppl reply to all and just say on word its drivin me nuts

peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.fawden.co.uk
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:32 pm

you need to sort yourself out a mutli display detup mate lol

works a charm this end!!! lol

I know what you mean, facebook/forum/facebook groups - how to keep track...Well, I created the forum for precisely that but people seem to use facebook more so I write stuff on there instead..

but anyway, I'm no longer the cappy, so refer all your comments to Steven if they're related to Animus... (and yeah, you're in the team you big headed fk!!) lol
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: For Kyle..   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey bubba, any chance I got evaluated on Sat, I want to know how I am doing and what (prob everything!) need improvement
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:58 am

Zane

Zane was very aggressive and accurate. Shoots fast and well, I was surprised with his technique but it works well for him.
Areas of improvement : Running and shooting, shooting both hands, switching hands, running low

cant give a detailed analysis of each drill as there were many, but overall Zane is good and has awesome potential.

position recommendation : Mid/Utility back player (if the back players are out, but there is still a runner left, Zane could supress accurately so the runner can move up)

Stephen Borge

Stephen's snapshooting was really good, he was tight, angle wise, but loose, stance wise, which is good (if that makes sense) His breaks are good and running and shooting is good, would like to see how low he can run.

position recommendation : Front/runner. Stephen's snap shooting could prove usefull from a key position around the mid part of the field.

Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:26 am

sounds good, as long as I aint in the back all the time i don't mind supressing from the mid. In terms of my snap technique what did you think, cos I have been practising and wanted to know if its paying off or not

other than that i will work on the areas you have pointed out, i certainly was running too high!!!

Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:30 am

Also will there be any fluidity in the roles/training, as I am eager to develop as a mid player with agg tendencies
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Splat
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 am

Thanks Kyle!

I keep in kind about the low running and work on it next time! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 am

told you, you were a back player!
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

who is a back player?!?!? Not me.... It does not say I am a back player....
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:23 pm

To be honest I will gladluy play mid and cover if needed but after Sat's training I definitely do NOT want to be a back player....
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:33 pm

te kiero de mid centre bro!

is that ok

pero tiene ke esta al tanto de todo y shilla mucho pa deja sabe adonde esta the enemy as you have the best view!

btw creo ke wifes are coming to training for some support sat
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Zane's got to remember too that the mid player always has the hardest job on the field... if a runner is taken out, guess who takes his place, if a back player is taken out, guess whose job it is to suppress the enemy.... Mid players are a jack of all trades, gotta be able to do it all, and think quick... sounds like a Zane to me... Smile

I think it's the position you've been born to play dude!
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:56 pm

very true cap!

ZANE your oficially our Mid centre player! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read   Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read Empty

Back to top Go down

Merging + Other Info - Kyle please read
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next