Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball Empty
PostSubject: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi all

My name is kyle, I noticed the magazine article about the teams Reapers and Rock Pirates,

was wondering if anybody is looking for a front/mid position?

I used to play pro paintball in south africa, some of my team achievements include

Beating Team Reapers South africa (South africa's no.1 team, they played in the NPPL but lost to the femme fatales)

Training with Oliver Lang from Team Dynasty

Placing 3rd place in 3-man tournament

Placing 12th place in 5 man tournament.

So yea I have alot of paintball experience but no equipment here, I would love to invest in a Smart parts ion and some equipment and get balling again!!!

Anyone can offer me advice for paintball in Spain, where to go, online shops etc etc.

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey Trapt,

I've sent you a pm with some details, if you're interested in joining the Reapers just get in touch as per my pm.

regarding shops, best bet is Mercury: http://www.mercurypaintball.com/en/

We're actually sponsored by them so we get some benefits.

**Awesome to hear you've actually trained with Lang - amazing!!

Would love to have you onboard, that is, if you're willing to join an amateur team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magemultimedia.com
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: re:   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks for the info Brutality,

To be honest I think I have lost a bit of skill but never strategy and technical skills as well as general PB knowledge, I would love to join Reaper and help the team reach great heights however I would need to get back in shape first as my best position is front mid (since I can sort of shoot with left hand and right hand). Also I need to save up a little to be able to purchase even the ION since its cheap and quite fast for me.

Looking forward to playing again, i miss the adrenaline.

Also, do you guys play speed ball or rec / bush ball? I mainly have experience in speed ball, I prefer it since its alot faster and high paced for me.

Trapt
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Hey mate,

We're all about speedball, occasionally we'll do some woodsball but mainly just for kicks...

We could really use your experience, really glad you want to be a part of the team, let me know if you can make it to training this coming saturday and I'll give you the details.

if push comes to shove, you can always rent some gear at the venue... we're talking tipman 98's tho... sorry to say... if the ion would've been firing correctly would've let you borrow it...

Anyhow, send me your email via pm so I can add you to my email group so you can start receiving training details and team updates/news etc...

Welcome to Reapers mate... we're a small team, consisting of five dedicated players (teams in gib are small, can't help that)...
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Speedball all the way!!!

I'd hate to have to rent a tippman, eeeww. Cluck Cluck Cluck and the balls go left right up and down at the same time...

Just been checking out the smart parts range and seems the ION is no longer in production? And now its the VIBE? reviews seem pretty good,

Im a firm believer that its not the marker its the player, oli lang can take out a 5 v 1 with a tippman im sure and i guess the better you are at the lower range guns, the more amazing you would be with the high end guns.
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey Trapt, cool to have you with us, I have a spare marker I can loan you for the training, and i am sure we can call some Reapers to ask for any additional equipment.

Experience is always welcome so I hope to see you on sat...

R3X
Back to top Go down
http://www.iwantgore.com
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey awesome, what marker is it if you dont mind me asking?

I only have experience with autocockers, ions, and the ego.

How much is paint btw?
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:36 pm

The marker would be a souped up Proto SLG UL 2009, AC., UL 2 piece barrel, drop feed hopper and a 3500 standard DXS tank.

Paint is between 25 and 35 euros a box... quite reasonable really...

Happy to help bru.
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm

whoa sick! I'd be happy to use a proto.

Regarding clothing, I will just find a cheap pair of industrial pants so i can slide.

Anyone got a spare mask I could use?
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:22 pm

i have it all covered bro! heh heh I will bring my spare kit!
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 pm

haha nice, well sorted then. Do you also have a spare clone of yourself? Good to keep spares of everything
Back to top Go down
R3XMUND1
Animus Elite
Animus Elite
R3XMUND1

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm

yep he is doing my work as we speak, whilst I stay at home heh heh
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 pm

nice1 rex Smile
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 am

Have you managed to gather the gear so you can train this weekend then?

Costs as follows:

Paint: between 25-38euros - depending on what you want
Venue charges us 10euros for approximately 3 hours (turf conditions aren't good, but adequate, we make do with it...)
Air is free
Back to top Go down
Animus
Animus Captain
Animus Captain
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am

hi trapt

my name is steven pardo

im the captain of the animus paintball team welcome to gibraltar!

see you sat
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Animus, thx for the welcome, looking forward to lighting up some fellas Smile

XsvBrutality those costs are fine, i will bring some money,

regarding gear, I think R3XMUND1 has me covered, not sure about pants though but I have soccer boots, but no old clothes I could really wear.

Looking forward to it! We must just make a plan where I can meet up with you, do you have 1 open space in your car?
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Yeah, I got space mate

I normally send everyone the details Thursday/early Friday - you'll have the info by then...

Can't wait guys!!
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 pm

If you have one extra space, my wife can come along and take photos/film for you guys, she does photography and can also film.

Just a marketing option (to use later for a sponsor portfolio) Wink
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:54 pm

should be fine, just gotta find out if Gareth is coming, if thats the case then there's definitely room for a couple more...
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 pm

maybe another time actually, just me... thought she would be keen

Cant wait!!!
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 pm

some players from Animus will be coming too..we're turning this into a riot! lol
Back to top Go down
trapt
Animus Trainer
Animus Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:02 pm

awesome. enough for 5 v 5 ?
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:26 pm

don't recon so, we've got 4 guys coming as far as I can tell, think they might have 3 or so....

3vs3 more like...
Back to top Go down
rebel_leader
Animus Rookie
Animus Rookie
rebel_leader

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 am

I will going on Friday so There will be space in car anyway
Back to top Go down
XsvBrutality
Animus / Forum Admin
Animus / Forum Admin
XsvBrutality

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 am

you mean Saturday, cos if it's Friday you'll be quite bored playing on your own... :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball   Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball Empty

Back to top Go down

Living in Gib, used to play pro paintball
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next